Love Letter to My Younger Self



She silently listens, taking in information. Her silence leads others to believe she knows little. And at times she struggles with being okay with that.  The danger in trying to appease or prove oneself to others leads her to feeling as though she must show what she knows. When what she has come to realize is that when one knows, one does.  
When one knows, one does. Right?  
So the appearance of not knowing could be tied in some ways to not doing. 
I came to realize that i needed to be my own teacher. That i needed to learn to listen to and trust myself. That the relationship i needed to build was with my heart. 
- I. Kilimanjaro, 4/13/11 

Dear My Younger Self,

Be who you are. 

Accept who you are. 

Love who you are.

What you know and what you think others think you know is not of consequence.  Release judgment and expectation. Embrace yourself fully.

The path you walk is yours alone. Though it may intersect with others, be closely aligned with others and sometimes look like others', the journey your soul has committed to make in this lifetime is yours and yours alone.

Thank you for being who you are. 

Because of you, i am here.

Love,
My Older Self

Comments